Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Between a rock and a hard place

The hard truth is, I don't even get my full 2 hours in the morning to work, and whatever I do have, it's not enough to get my work done right now. The only way around this is to hire childcare. But the only way to make enough $$ to hire childcare is to pack more work into the time I have.

I always think of how Stephen King would get up at 5am and jam himself into the boiler room of his family's trailer to write Carrie for 2 hours each morning before he went to work as a teacher, and I feel horribly lazy.

I'm sure there's a conclusion to be reached here, but I'm now down to an hour and a half and I gotta write about signing at daycare and I dunno what the heck else. And I haven't had coffee. So grumble grumble grumble.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

it seems like it should be so easy to just get up an hour earlier and work before everyone else gets up, doesn't it? I used to get up a hour early to surf the web when I had a day job. Now I sleep til the last possible moment.

xoxoalk said...

Right? Even when small people sleep, the motivation isn't there. Plus I can surf the web on the phone, so I do that at 3am when I'm having anxiety about not getting work done. la la la la la